Gamestick discord

Anyone know have a link I was it on that Ouya magizine

Not sure what you’re asking. Could you elaborate?

I guess darkdoor looks for information about the Gamestick console (white with a gamepad in the format of an USB stick). I read about it online and there might be some YouTube videos about it. It seems to be a small community on Discord, too. Numbers circulate that at least 10.000 units must be in the wild. How many are still actively played on is another question. The situation is like with the Ouya but smaller in numbers. The Gamestick community is forming slowly but steadily but is not numerous enough to revive the defunct infrastructure (servers or a game archive) yet.

I agree that it would be a nice piece of hardware to have in my collection - but not now. I’m just waiting on my Evercade Handheld to arrive and will most probably order the Evercade VS as well soon. I also wanna preorder the Playdate by Panic - I absolutely love the concept (a puristic black + white only system with a crank to control movement and gametime! The only reason that stops me right now is that the cool Stereo Dock isn’t available right now. This is essential to me - I want the ultimate pack you see…!

Hi, sorry it took so long to reply to the thread. The Gamestick community is absolutely tiny. I created a Discord server for the console and potential server revival but haven’t done anything with it. If you, or anyone is interested in helping out (or helping me get started), feel free to join.

I’m sure it’s a a worthwhile cause. I know almost nothing about Gamestick though and my plate’s a little full to take on more currently. Some day maybe.