GET WELL SOON, Jayenkai!

The most prolific video game developer that I know of and the man behind AGameAWeek platdude https://agameaweek.com, James “Jayenkai” Gamble, is recovering from a successful brain operation, performed recently. It would be excellent if everyone sent a kind word his way.

Sending Love and Best Wishes to you and yours James. Thank you for all you do. You've spread a lot of joy with your creations. Here's hoping for many more "weeks" to come.....years, actually ;)

Glad to hear that your recent surgery went well, @Jayenkai! Hope you get to enjoy this holiday season even more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww, shucks. Thanks!
distant ascii hugs

2 Likes

Thanks all.
It was a quick in and out trip, this time, though how much of that was down to Covid, and the whole health service having to simultaneously cope with that, I’m not sure.
My “shunt” is a tube that runs from my head to my gut, inside, draining extraneous fluid from my head and spitting it into a cavity near my belly.
For reasons both sinister and unknown, my innards decided to eat the tube, leaving my head essentially draining into itself, resulting in … quite frankly… insanity!!! (Daydreams, hallucinations, paranoia, the works)

They scanned me, realised the issue, and replaced the shunt. I’m now much less crazy, and am back on the couch!
Thanks to all at Salford Royal Neurosurgery. Xx

3 Likes

Get well soon! The ouya family is here for you!

1 Like

Glad everything is okay, you’ve done so much for the ouya community. Get well soon!

1 Like

All the best wishes. For many gaming years to come.

1 Like

Get well soon JNK, thinking of you! <3

1 Like

Get well soon! I hope you will recover without Problems! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting my Stitches out, tomorrow.
Hopefully there’s no leaks, or I’ll be right back in again. Eeek.

Best wishes. And good luck!

Those games won’t be making themselves alone!
Wish you well!

1 Like

Thanks again, all.
I think I’m ok, now. Got a bit scary there for a while, with crazy hallucinations and more. Guess that’s one risk with doing so many games… your imagination goes beyond the normal limits of sanity!!
Ugh…

2 Likes

“Guess that’s one risk with doing so many games… your imagination goes beyond the normal limits of sanity!!”
LOL

So glad you’re pulling through it mate.

Prayers for a speedy recovery Jayenkai!

1 Like