How to bypass account login/firmware update page

Excellent tutorial. Thank you!

1 Like

I know Iā€™m a little late to the game, but is this not a thing any more?

Nah man, this is a serious thing! Just picked up another OUYA last week. What makes you think its not a thing anymore?

1 Like

Hey! Sorry, I was misreading the dates in the forum. I was able to bypass the login screen with the instructions on the site. Can you point me to the article that says how to load your homemade games? Thank you!

1 Like

I develop games in Godot - so sad I just missed the game jam!!! :frowning:

1 Like

GameJam games are already on the store. See the 2019 and 2020 game jam sections.

And weā€™re having a game jam in December so be sure to check that out closer to the time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you looking for an article on sideloading? Or publishing for others to download and play?

You donā€™t have to wait for the next game jam to make a game and publish it for OUYA!

1 Like

You donā€™t have to wait for the next game jam to make a game and publish it for OUYA!

Very true @Szeraax.

@extra_syrup Are you already on our Discord server? The OUYA Saviors Project?

My brothers and I, ā€œProHiScore Studiosā€ are also using Godot to develop for OUYA.

Definitely interested in it all. I can just start browsing the forums, but just thought Iā€™d ask to save time. :slight_smile: Iā€™m a gamer and a developer so I want to know it all. LOL

Thank you! Thatā€™s awesome - I will look you up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m getting an ā€œoperation no permittedā€ error while trying to mount the directory to access and edit the hosts file. I can read it but whitout the propper permissions itā€™s useless. Any light? :frowning:

Note: Brunno had to sideload (Flash) the latest firmware on to his unit and then was able to access it fine.

1 Like

Weird that this page isnā€™t showing under ā€œtop postsā€ after the discourse updateā€¦ hmm

Shows for me:

So thatā€™s what it is! Top by default now only does in the last year:

Need to get the default set to all time.

Edit: Done.

Edit2: @ProHiScore Looking at the dashboard from the last 12 hours after I did the update, I see multiple searches for ā€œhow to bypassā€ (which previously was not even a high ranked search query). This suggested that other people used to being able to find it easily now were having to use google to find what they wanted fast.
And since the Click Through Rate was 100%, it shows that that page is exactly what these 2 people were looking for. So, I fixed it up and that should drop again :slight_smile: Arenā€™t analytics fun?

1 Like

Indeed, it looks that way. :face_with_monocle:

Aren't analytics fun? LLOL

help! iā€™ve connected and it saysā€¦ no devices/emulators found.

Connected to what exactly? The OUYA? The ADB shell? your wifi? Can you get a picture?

Iā€™ve been following this thread on and off for 10 hours.
I bought the OUYA a few days ago, not knowing the situation of the Console, it was sent out to me 1st class but I didnā€™t know what Firmware it had on it. Being the Kickstarter Version, I would assume it Firmware V1.x
I tried all of the DNS methods but it just wouldnā€™t budge after WiFi. Luckily I know my GNU/Linux - so I updated the Firmware from S-Configā€™s Site to the latest Firmware & itā€™s working 100%!!

So if you buy an OUYA, then you should Always Upgrade the Firmware first without trying any of the DNS Spoofing methods.

Thank you all!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Hey join us at Discord if youā€™re savvy.

1 Like