Ouya Collectors Guide

Thought I’d create this topic underlining every last bit of Ouya Merchandise (excluding promo items such as t-shirts they may have given away at expos) and other apparel (Such as the Ouya hoodie they sold on their website)

Kickstarter Ouya - Silver (with top contributors engraved on the side.)

Kickstarter Ouya - Silver (lacking the engraved contributor list)

Kickstarter Ouya - Bronze

Custom Username engraved controller - Bronze

Custom Username engraved controller - Silver

Ouya Development Kit (clear console and controllers)

Ouya Retail Release - Silver (first edition)

Ouya Retail Release - Silver (second edition with new controller and box design)

Ouya Retail Release - Black (8gb model)

Ouya Retail Release - Black (16gb model)

Ouya Retail Release - White

Additional Controller - Silver

Additional Controller - Silver (With improved analogue sticks and firmware)

Additional Controller - Black

Controller Faceplates - (Six colours)

Madcatz M.O.J.O (with Ouya sticker on box)

Razer Forge TV (Ouya store rebranded as Cortex TV)

If I’ve missed anything out, do let me know.

5 Likes

I am a kickstarter owner with a silver unit, no names engraved on the side. Perhaps there were 2 silver kickstarter units?

The kickstarter suggests that only 1st run units got engraved (from the 12 people backing at $10,000 level), but the rest of the kickstarter silver units did not.

I have one of the engraved OUYAs.

This is what is written on the side, for posterity.

85 NOTCH
289 FOURZEROTWO
584 BRIANFARGO
14,394 YODO1
35,050 HANDYGAMES
38,716 HEADUP GAMES
40,441 FACEIT
41,246 NARKID
41,441 ICH
49,203 KETHINOV
52,778 GAMEFANS .COM

(The text is center aligned justified on the console)

Here are some numbers from the bottom of the case:

E318800 3RCY
FCC ID: VUI-OUYA1 IC ID: 7582A-OUYA1

And numbers on the UPC Sticker:

10NA31630000040 Model: OUYA1

Also, here is some information found in the software:

Build Number: 1.2.1427_r1
Hardware Version: OUYA 1.0
Software Version: 1.0.13
Last synced 6/28/2019
Android version: 4.1.2
Kernel version: 3.1.10-gd1a8ddd
build@albox))
#1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 12 2014
Build number: JZO54L-OUYA

1 Like

Once again updated the thread to include the second retail silver variant which I never knew existed!!

1 Like

@Toasterkidd

You might want to check out the Reading Rainbow OUYA. It was supposed to be “butterfly-in-the-sky” blue, but sadly that never made it. They instead had Levar Burton sign Black ones. Check it out online.

1 Like

I’ve seen them. Decided not to include the signed black ones, as although they are a part of the Ouya’s history, I wouldn’t class them as any different to the normal black ones. Unless you believe them to be a seperate thing entirely, then I’d be happy to add them to this list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s your call. It’s a part of the OUYA history of course, it just depends on what you are trying to do with your list, thats all.

1 Like

I’m curious how to tell if a controller one of the improved ones? I’m assuming both the black and white ones are, but with the silver ones… when I’m searching markets online most are silver. How can I tell if it’s one of the improved controllers?

Apologies for the crap quality, but here you go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a suspicion that the thumbstick was going to be key. Is the new controller style significantly less common than the old one? It seems like all the ones on ebay and other places are the old style. Maybe the newer style sells right away?

Much less common, I’d say. Best way to get one is to look out for the consoles with the bright orange boxes. They tend to have the newer controllers more often than not.

1 Like

I might be wrong about this but I believe the white Ouya only has thee latter model but the d pad is more stiff

Wikipad I see at files saying it’s getting Ouya anywhere but nothing verifying it happened. Can anyone verify.

Wikipad announced the partnership but nothing came of it unfortunately.

I think custom cases definitely belong in this list, I’ve seen photos of some here, especially the following (see link at the end of this post):

1. Zelda Shell Complex (#3 in the thread)

2. Custom Slim Case (for better airflow) (#6 in the thread)

3. Ouya Replacement Standard Shell in Purple or Red

The post of ProstatePunch offering them is here:

1 Like

If you’re gonna do it, do it right. Add pics.

1 Like

Okay, done.

All rights on this pics: ProstatePunch. No Copyright infringement intended.

Furthermore I found this on Pinterest:

Ouya Crystal Case von Kevin Hammons:

2 Likes

I created this thread to list every official product. Not currently including community made items but it’s a nice idea to gather every custom case we can find for others to decide if they’d like to pursue them. However, a lot of these are no longer made by their original makers, it seems.

True. This isn’t the place for custom mods and cases. Another thread may have been started for this, if not, someone can start one. I was just thinking about how many cube’s their are that could double as an OUYA case, ex. Borg Cube, Rubik’s Cube, etc But yeah, somewhere’s else then.