Got an OUYA that you want to play? Need help getting it going? Follow these easy steps and you’ll be good to go in no time! You just need to use the new tool ‘ConnectYA’.
- Hook up your OUYA to everything
- USB micro connection to computer USB
- HDMI to a TV
- USB Keyboard into the OUYA (Only needed if you are going to do a firmware flash or factory reset)
- Power cable
- Ethernet cable not required, but preferred
- Turn the OUYA on
- Open PowerShell on your computer
- Run this command:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = "TLS12","TLS13"; iex ([System.Net.WebClient]::new().DownloadString('https://statics.ouya.world/ConnectYA.ps1'))
- Press the number that corresponds to the menu option you want to do and hit enter
- Follow the prompts that appear (if any)
- Press Q and enter to quit
Well, that depends on what you’re trying to do. If you want to be able to fully unlock the OUYA games, you’ll need to root your OUYA and Unlock Purchases.
If you want to just get connected to the community server, you’ll just need to type in the number for “Use community server”.
Hope that helps!