How to setup an OUYA the easy way

Got an OUYA that you want to play? Need help getting it going? Follow these easy steps and you’ll be good to go in no time! You just need to use the new tool ‘ConnectYA’. You can also view this tutorial over at Youtube. If you don’t already have the USB drivers installed, you may need to add your OUYA via the Android USB ADB drivers.

1. Hook up your OUYA to everything
    1. USB micro connection to computer USB
    2. HDMI to a TV
    3. USB Keyboard into the OUYA (Only needed if you are going to do a firmware flash or factory reset)
    4. Power cable
    5. Ethernet cable not required, but preferred
  2. Turn the OUYA on
  3. Open PowerShell on your computer
  4. Run this command:
  5. Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = "TLS12","TLS13"; iex ([System.Net.WebClient]::new().DownloadString('https://statics.ouya.world/ConnectYA.ps1'))
  6. Press the number that corresponds to the menu option you want to do and hit enter
  7. Follow the prompts that appear (if any)
  8. Press Q and enter to quit

What Should I do Next?

Well, that depends on what you’re trying to do. :stuck_out_tongue: If you want to be able to fully unlock the OUYA games, you’ll need to root your OUYA and Unlock Purchases.

If you want to just get connected to the community server, you’ll just need to type in the number for “Use community server”.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Dug out the old Ouya from the closet. Thought I’d try this script out but getting a bunch of errors when running the command. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. :slight_smile:

This is the output:

ConnectYA v0.2.3
Join-Path : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'AdditionalChildPath'.
At line:578 char:61
+ ... n-Path $WorkingDir -ChildPath platform-tools -AdditionalChildPath adb
+                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Join-Path], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.JoinPathCommand

Join-Path : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'AdditionalChildPath'.
At line:579 char:67
+ ... ath -Path $WorkingDir -Child transcripts -AdditionalChildPath "$title ...
+                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Join-Path], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.JoinPathCommand

Test-Path : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.
At line:586 char:21
+ if (-not (Test-Path $adb_path)) {
+                     ~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Test-Path], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.TestPathCom
   mand

The expression after '&' in a pipeline element produced an object that was not valid. It must result in a command
name, a script block, or a CommandInfo object.
At line:591 char:7
+ if (& $adb_path version) { "Found command 'adb' successfully." }
+       ~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : BadExpression

Testing OUYA connection status.
The expression after '&' in a pipeline element produced an object that was not valid. It must result in a command
name, a script block, or a CommandInfo object.
At line:51 char:36
+     if ($match = [regex]::Match((& $adb_path devices), "\w*\d\w*").Va ...
+                                    ~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : BadExpression

Result: False
OH NO, your OUYA isn't recognized. Lets try a few things to get your OUYA connected.
    1. Do you have it powered on?
    2. Do you have it connected to your computer via the microUSB port?
    Press any key when you want to test if it is connected now (or press q to quit)

Sorry, been on vacation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I’ve fixed it, please try again.

Also, @InterClaw, the best way to get fast support is to join our Discord server. If you run the command again and it still isn’t working, you should come join the server and post in our help channel. But it will work I think. I was able to reproduce this same error and got it fixed up.

It worked fine now. I’m up and running. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Awesome man! I’m so happy to hear that.

I’m super happy to have a fully functional OUYA again.

Anyone reading this: Please make sure you load up “Xposed installer” the click on “Modules” then use your touchpad to check mark the box as this unlocks the store fully.

O meu deu este mesmo problema agora